Today I get to give you the details of the new Sonlight 4-day schedule option! Yay!
First, a quick background: for the 2016 sales season, Sonlight completely revised the book lists and Instructor's Guides (IGs). We did this for a few reasons.
- We wanted to make the workload more manageable for the majority of customers.
- We wanted all customers to have the benefit of a consecutive schedule.
- We wanted to make sure that the programs offer the best value--to make sure that each book is worth the price paid.
- We wanted to make sure that we offer a complete schedule, so that all parents would meet their state requirements.
And I think that we succeeded, and that the 2016 Sonlight product is stronger this year than it was last year. (As a Sonlight user myself, my family is in the middle of the 2016 B and F programs, and they have been a delight thus far!)
But some of our customers don't need a 180-day schedule to meet their state requirements. Perhaps they don't need to report, or they enjoy a co-op.
To meet the needs of those customers, we are releasing an all-new 144-day schedule for A, B, C, D, and E.
This has the same content as the 180-day schedule.
- The package prices are the same.
- The book lists are the same.
- The notes are the same.
- The Science IGs are the same.
- The Language Arts IGs are the same.
In fact, the only thing that is different is the schedule section of the History / Bible / Literature Instructor's Guide.
Now, when using Sonlight, you can pick a schedule for 144 days, or a schedule for 180 days.
These will go on sale soon, hopefully in the next week, and will be in the warehouse by mid-August.
The three week samples will be available online well before that, so you can compare the 144-day and the 180-day schedules, and even begin, if need be.
More details to come, but that's enough for now.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? I would be delighted if you could post either on our forums or on our Facebook page.
Thank you so much!
John and Sarita's oldest daughter
Homeschooling mom to five
P.S. And if you bought the 5-day and are interested in 4-day? When the new schedules are available, if you look them over and decide you'd prefer the 144-day schedule, we will send that to you. Because only one portion of the IG will change, we will ship that out to you, at no cost to you, in a straight swap. We'll just ask, on the honor system, that you destroy the 5-day version that you already have.
Pingback: My name is Judy … and I’m a box-checker | Sonlight Homeschooling Blog